Jul 9, 2009

Mariah Carey's "I'll Be There"

I was satisfied by Mariah's rendition of "I'll Be There" at Michael Jackson's memorial service (she was joined by Trey Lorenz), but she wished she had done a better job.
In her Twitter page she wrote: "Trying to sing today was basically impossible for me," writes Carey. "I could barely keep myself from crying. I'm sorry that I wasn't able to pull it together and really do it right, but I was literally choked up when I saw him there in front of me." "One thing I know is, we will never really have to say goodbye to MJ. His legacy lives on through his music and the millions of people. He inspired with his timeless music. He will be forever in our hearts," she adds. (source:usmagazine)

But among his greatest hits I would always remember him with his song "Ben". Its a story about a lonely boy played by Lee Montgomery who becomes good friend with "Ben" a rat.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Clarissa said...

Let's pray for MJ---May he rest in peace...

Anonymous said...

my favorite singer mariah