Oct 15, 2009

Avril Lavigne filed a Divorce

Reports are now circulated that Canadian singer Avril Lavigne has filed for divorce from her husband of three years Deryck Whibley.

Lavigne, famous for her angry, emotionally-charged music, had already announced her separation from long-term partner Whibley in a statement on her website last month, saying the two remained friends.

"I am grateful for our time together, and I am grateful and blessed for our remaining friendship," the 25-year-old told fans.

"I admire Deryck and have a great amount of respect for him. He is the most amazing person I know and I love him with all my heart. Deryck and I are separating and moving forward on a positive note."

Lavigne filed for the divorce in Los Angeles on Friday citing "irreconcilable differences" according to People.com.

Lavigne has sold more than 30 million albums since her debut album "Let Go" and is currently working on her fourth studio album. source

Photobucket

No comments: