I was really worried when I heard the news about the possible 7.2 intensity earthquake that will occur anytime now. I fervently hope and pray that when it happens, I will be at home together with my kids. Actually my eldest son Nikko was too much worried, he keeps on telling me that we should move in a country or place that is earthquake free.
Thanks to Niko, she shared me this link on the major fault lines in the Philippines. This is a very informative fact, please read.
Below is the List Of Major Fault Lines Of the Philippines.
1. Marikina Valley Fault (Montalban-San Mateo-Marikina-Pasig-Taguig-Muntinlupa-San Pedro-Binan-Carmona-Santa Rosa-Calamba-Tagaytay-Oriental Mindoro)
2. Western Philippine Fault (Luzon Sea-Mindoro Strait-Panay Gulf-Sulu Sea)
3. Eastern Philippine Fault (Philippine Sea)
4. Southern of Mindanao Fault (Moro Gulf-Celebes Sea)
5. Central Philippine Fault (Entire Ilocos Norte-Aurora-Quezon-Masbate-Eastern Leyte-Southern Leyte-Agusan Del Norte-Agusan Del Sur-Davao del Norte)
*The earthquake that destroyed Guinsaugon is the Central Philippine Fault
*The 1990 earthquake that destroyed Central Luzon and Baguio is also the Central Philippine Fault.
Of these, the MARIKINA VALLEY FAULT poses the greatest danger because it custs through all the modern and progressive portions of Manila such as Eastwood, Rockwell, Ortigas Center, Bonifacio Global City, Ayala Center, and Alabang. Also, the PhiVolcs people have warned that this fault line can move anytime because it is already “11 years late” for its movement.